Energy – Europe project “ENNEREG – Regions paving the way for a Sustainable Energy Europe” has launched its Regions 202020 Inspiration Guide aiming to provide all the information you need to become a Sustainable Energy Region:
- The guide helps you to decide where to start and what to do next in your journey to become a Sustainable Energy Region
- Ensure long term benefits for your Region, its stakeholders and citizens
- Protect the environment by using local renewable energy sources and minimising energy use
- Boost the economy and creating new jobs
- Identify where you can get further information, support and funding
- Inspire regions to develop their own regional Sustainable Energy Action Plans and implement Sustainable Energy Projects at the regional level, as well as collaborate with and support their local municipalities
The aim is to enable your region to become a frontrunner in achieving such benefits by inspiring you to replicate actions in your region. This is based on experiences from the 12 ENNEREG Pioneer Sustainable Energy Regions, encompassing regional Sustainable Action Plans (SEAPs) and linked sustainable energy measures. By the time you reach the end of the Inspiration Guide you will know how to create your region’s Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) not only as a collection of measures, but also as a strategy that makes these measures coherent with European, National and Local regulations that you need to be familiar with. You will also have been introduced to numerous concrete examples of Sustainable Energy Projects that you could replicate and could help you.
The lead partner in each ENNEREG Pioneer Region varies from Regional Government, to national or regional energy agency to private company, illustrating how regional energy actors can take the lead in becoming a Sustainable Energy Region. In addition, several of the ENNEREG Pioneer Regions are Covenant of Mayors Territorial Coordinators, while two regions include islands which have been developing ISEAPs as part of IslePact.
Find the Regions202020 Inspiration Guide here – http://regions202020.eu/inspiration
The Guide, including Experiences from the ENNEREG Regions and Good Practice case studies, is also available on DVD-ROM (May 2013) – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (South Denmark European Office – Brussels) or email@example.com (ECNet – Denmark) if you would like a copy.Clare Taylor